DBA and Application Support
Underpinning our core services and unique offering sits our technology platforms and initiatives, delivered through in-house Software Development and Business Intelligence teams. We are looking for a new team member to manage our Microsoft SQL Server & PostgreSQL infrastructure over Azure PaaS and IaaS. You will focus on performing duties in the full development and operation lifecycle of databases and database-based products and services, including administration, development, testing, monitoring, alerts setup, production support and onboarding bulk data uploads. This role will also involve a product support component for Danfoss and Emerson BMS (Building Management Software).
To be successful in the role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Design, create and implement new database environments and changes to existing ones, including HA and replication setups against a set of company standards and principles for both Microsoft SQL Server (OLTP and OLAP) and PostgreSQL.
- Own the monitoring (both performance and uptime), maintenance and alerting for all databases under supervision.
- Ensure all databases are backed up in a way that meets the Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and perform regular recovery tests.
- Advise software and BI developers on the most efficient database designs and queries (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc) and own the performance monitoring of databases under supervision.
- Configure services (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) and ETL schedules to extract data for the reporting team
- Undertake architectural design for new databases and implement governance and database change management.
You will be required to:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or a related field – Essential
- Experience with SQL Server and PostgreSQL development, administration, operation (HA and DR setups) and maintenance in Azure IaaS and PaaS - Essential
- Industry certifications in Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL– Highly Preferred
- Experience with DBA tools from Red Gate suite or community based (Brent Ozar Blitz suite, Ola Hallengren scripts) in order diagnose server reliability and performance issues or schedule maintenance works - Highly Preferred
- Exposure to Snowflake on Azure, Matillion, Power BI, NoSQL, IoT data handling – Nice to have
- Exposure to multi-terabyte, partitioned/sharded databases, both in an operational and DW setup – Nice to have
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting performance or operational issues in SQL Server& PostgreSQL (ideally within App Insights) – Nice to have
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia