Technical Procurement Officer
We are recruiting for a Technical Procurement Officer who will be responsible for communicating with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a level of transparency throughout each project with regards to lead times and equipment availability etc.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills and an effective professional working relationship with team members within the company, suppliers and technicians.
Reporting to the Technical Procurement Manager, the role will be responsible for:
- Answering phone queries from various sources (eg. Contractors, Coles personnel, suppliers) and resolve issues within designated timeframes.
- Continually, manage project deadline expectations and communicate with supplier and installation contractors
- Deal with potential equipment delays and implement contingency strategies (as applicable) with project coordinator/technicians
- Develop and managing strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure that equipment is ordered and delivered within designated timeframes.
- Request and manage comparative quotations and availability on equipment from suppliers and maintain reports and communication accordingly.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A CertIV/Degree or Diploma in Purchasing / Logistics / Project management or similar – Preferred
- Microsoft Word & Excel – Intermediate skills - Essential
- Previous data entry skills and report management - Desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and maintain stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Mulgrave VIC 3170, Australia